August 21, 2017 05:22 AM

Author Topic: Big day tomorrow for our family  (Read 85 times)

Offline illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
Big day tomorrow for our family
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
My Father is having quadruple bypass surgery in the morning OSF in Peoria and the surgeon is also going to clear out his right carotid artery that is also 70% blocked...so it would be much appreciated if you could please shake your voodoo sticks, say a prayer, think positive thoughts for him or whatever it is that you do.  He is a strong man who for a 77 year old man is in relatively good health other than this situation.

BTW, he had absolutely no symptoms and only found out because he had a physical with an EKG and it came back irregular. He was sent to a cardiologist and he had and echo cardiogram and stress test that showed one blockage.  A guy went into do an angioplasty about a month ago and found three other blockages and was unable to do anything with any of them. 

So a PSA here: The cardiologist told him that roughly a third of people have no symptoms, another third have chest pain and or fatigue/trouble breathing, AND the other 3rd DIE because they have a heart attack.

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Big day tomorrow for our family
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
wish your father well Iman!....those stats are scary for sure
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
Good luck and wishes for your Dad. 

I have a friend who just received his SECOND heart transplant.  43 years old. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
Thanks guys. Procedure went well and they ended up doing a quintuple bypass.

Sorry to hear about your friend Musson.i wish him well as I can only imagine how tough that recovery is and the obvious risk.

Offline ctibass

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Thanks guys. Procedure went well and they ended up doing a quintuple bypass.

Sorry to hear about your friend Musson.i wish him well as I can only imagine how tough that recovery is and the obvious risk.

Good to hear that your dad made it through

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »
good to hear!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain