December 12, 2017 01:52 PM

Author Topic: Big day tomorrow for our family  (Read 302 times)

Online illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
Big day tomorrow for our family
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
My Father is having quadruple bypass surgery in the morning OSF in Peoria and the surgeon is also going to clear out his right carotid artery that is also 70% blocked...so it would be much appreciated if you could please shake your voodoo sticks, say a prayer, think positive thoughts for him or whatever it is that you do.  He is a strong man who for a 77 year old man is in relatively good health other than this situation.

BTW, he had absolutely no symptoms and only found out because he had a physical with an EKG and it came back irregular. He was sent to a cardiologist and he had and echo cardiogram and stress test that showed one blockage.  A guy went into do an angioplasty about a month ago and found three other blockages and was unable to do anything with any of them. 

So a PSA here: The cardiologist told him that roughly a third of people have no symptoms, another third have chest pain and or fatigue/trouble breathing, AND the other 3rd DIE because they have a heart attack.

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Big day tomorrow for our family
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
wish your father well Iman!....those stats are scary for sure
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
Good luck and wishes for your Dad. 

I have a friend who just received his SECOND heart transplant.  43 years old. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Online illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
Thanks guys. Procedure went well and they ended up doing a quintuple bypass.

Sorry to hear about your friend Musson.i wish him well as I can only imagine how tough that recovery is and the obvious risk.

Online ctibass

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Thanks guys. Procedure went well and they ended up doing a quintuple bypass.

Sorry to hear about your friend Musson.i wish him well as I can only imagine how tough that recovery is and the obvious risk.

Good to hear that your dad made it through

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »
good to hear!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline LAlady81

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed up to $50 to I-N Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
I just had a friend who died in a motorcycle accident. He was 53 and an organ donor. He donated his heart, liver and both kidneys. Amazing. He'd also donated over 32 gallons of blood in his lifetime.
"Religion is for those afraid of hell; spirituality is for those who have already been there"

No matter how dark the moment, love and peace are always near.

Daddy cried when he saw my tattoo, said he loved me anyway.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • I-N Team
  • Baseball Sucks
  • My Badges Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the 2013 winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the Runner-Up for the 2013 Fantasy Baseball League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2011 winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2011 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
Glad to hear the good news Iman. One of my high school friends had to give up his college basketball scholarship and quit playing due to a heart issue and had a heart transplant last year.
Still crazy