November 20, 2017 08:47 PM

Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins trade was so lopsided, NBA 2K rejected it  (Read 294 times)

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
  • My Badges Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2012-13 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: DeMarcus Cousins trade was so lopsided, NBA 2K rejected it
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
They practically gave Cousins away to the Pelicans. Lopez, Mirotic, Grant and  a #1 and #2 would have been a better deal than what the Pelicans gave up. He must have been a really bad cancer in Sac town.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »
They practically gave Cousins away to the Pelicans. Lopez, Mirotic, Grant and  a #1 and #2 would have been a better deal than what the Pelicans gave up. He must have been a really bad cancer in Sac town.
Yup, this was a situation where they had to discount him. While funny, obviously a video game won't account for that component.

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »
Well more of this story is starting to come out....

Cousins agent went around and called ALL the NBA teams and told them that any team trading for him he wouldn't be resigning with them and would become a free agent, this essentially buried the market for him, and this is what Divac was implying yesterday in his interview when he told the press "ask the agent".

apparently there is no rule stopping an agent from doing such thing either
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/source-other-team-pulled-better-trade-offer-for-demarcus-cousins-due-to-agents-threat/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/before-trade-demarcus-cousins-agent-said-client-unlikely-to-re-sign-with-new-team/
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
  • My Badges Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2012-13 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »
He will eventaully some how end up with the Cavs or Warriors. 
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!