November 20, 2017 08:36 PM

Author Topic: Craig Sager RIP  (Read 406 times)

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Craig Sager RIP
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/us/craig-sager-dies/index.html

"Time is something that cannot be bought. It cannot be wagered with God. And it is not an endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life. "I'm not an expert on time, or on cancer, or on life itself. I'm a kid from the small Illinois town of Batavia, who grew up on the Chicago Cubs, and made sports his life's work, although there's never been a day where it actually seemed like work."

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Illinifan1184

• ILL-INI
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
Re: Craig Sager RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
He was the man. I am going to miss seeing him, especially him talking to Pop.

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:37:31 PM »
My nephew died last night as well, from leukemia. 23 years old. Cancer sucks ass
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »
Oh man, that sucks!  Sorry
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »
Oh man, that sucks!  Sorry

yeah it does, same thing as sager had. Problem was he needed a stem cell transplant, so they nuked/chemo'd all the cells, to the point that some infection set in within two days and that was it. Started in a muscle in his butt, spread into abdomen, nothing could kill it. scary shit man.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline ctibass

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 08:21:05 AM »
Sager was all that was right about the NBA, a very classy individual.  I always found it amazing how he could dress like he did, and take the ribbings he did, but still perform an interview as if nothing was out of the normal.  His exchanges with Pop were always entertaining.  Seems he was the only person Pop would bother doing an interview with.  A class act taken too soon...

Online illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »
Yep Sager, as goofy as he dressed was a good dude who loved what he did.   Cancer sucks donkey Dicks.

Philly that cancer that started off in butt muscle is the same one I believe that took Sweet Cora who was Cameron's friend from St Jude.  Peanut Tilman came down virtually every Tuesday when he was off and spent hours with Cora and did so much for her family that most people have no idea about.  Peanut say with and kept her 9 year old brother together all day at Cora's visitation and memorial service that was so large that it was held in her high school. 

**** cancer.  Kids are not supposed to die...**** that mother ****ing piece of shit!!

Online illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »