October 20, 2017 06:35 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Illini Basketball / Re: Ayo Dosunmu picks Illini!!
« Last post by illiniman94 on Today at 07:24:49 PM »
Who?s Okoro? What class?
19 stud big man from Bloomington Normal
« Last post by QCPost33 on Today at 07:18:51 PM »
Who?s Okoro? What class?
2019 big
Cubs / Re: Bullpen
« Last post by DeezNutz on Today at 06:59:46 PM »
No chance Hayward is opting out of his deal.  He will be in a Cub uniform until 2023.  Cubs don't have a say in it, only he does.  And I don't see anyway the Cubs pay Harper the money he will want when they already have Hayward's contract and will need to pay Bryant, Rizzo and Contreras. 

They do need to trade some of their proven players for pitching.  Because their farm system is now amongst the worst in baseball.  Will be interesting to see what they do.
Illini Basketball / Re: October Recruiting Thread
« Last post by Hawk on Today at 06:32:22 PM »
As I have said, these two kids are fierce competitors who want to win and eventually get to the league. They know that together they have a the best shot of doing that.  This comes as no surprise

https://twitter.com/illscoopRyan/status/921403828444024832

I believe his "trusted source" is Derek Piper.
Nah, Piper and Werner have no more information than any other Illini beat guys. Evan talks to Ayo and all these recruits as well as one or two staff members. That pisses off Piper.   Personally I think Kedrick Prince, Roy Schmidt even though he is a grumpy an petty old fokker at times and Evan have the best information on the Illini.  I follow all of them as well as Werner and Piper.  I think all of them can be petty at times and get hung up on who is first.  Well Kedrick doesn't. I really like that guy as he has a great deal of integrity and looks out for these kids.  He isn't interested in being the first to break news.

Lol

I love this site... it?s a pariody site for Roy

http://twitter.com/ilprepbullseye/status/921167846683459585
« Last post by Hawk on Today at 06:27:37 PM »
Agree with most of what you said Musson

I think It?s going to be hard to fix all the pitching needs in one offseason
« Last post by Hawk on Today at 06:23:15 PM »
Who’s Okoro? What class?
« Last post by illiniman94 on Today at 04:55:14 PM »
and Ayo is already working it hard.....love this one.

« Last post by Musson on Today at 03:46:54 PM »
Hector Rondon HAS to never ever ever ....ever wear a Cubs Uniform again!  That?s where I would start.  DFA his ass today!

I think you make one run and one run only at Jake.  3/75 or 4/80.  Pick your deal.  He was underpaid and had to arbitrate his pay the last couple years.  I think he still understands what he would be leaving behind, so you have to put an offer in front of him that is respectful but not insane. 

Lackey.  He needs to set up his retirement press conference for Monday morning. 

Cubs need 2 starters.  You can slide Montgomery into the 5 hole.  If so, they need at least two BP arms.  PROVEN ARMS, not some retreads.  I?d actually aim to get two vet starters and a mid level starter who can be the go between like Montgomery did this season.  Start sometimes.  Reliever sometimes. 

But, sadly, the day has come that the Cubs NEED to make moves with these kids.  Too many of them.  I?d like to see at least two of them traded away for pitching help. 

There needs to be a serious conversation between Harper and Theo about what a ?realistic? contract would look like.  Keep in mind, we have outs in the Hayward contract coming up in the next couple years.  Best RF in the NL, but still just avaerage at the plate, and that?s a trend now.  If Harper would give the best buddy discount, or team friendly options, and I do think that if the Cubs can find anything close to the crazy cash teams are going to throw at him, he?d take less to play with Bryant. 

So, somehow, the log jam of Sophomore players needs thinned out.  Why Happ never sniffed the field is beyond me.  Maybe he?s the first piece to go.  That one will hurt as I think he?s a stud!  Almora put on a good showing late, but how many years is he going to platoon?  He would be in demand out on the market.   

LaStella and Jay were the best bench bats we could have hoped for all season.  I don?t think looking for a veteran bat is all that important, over thinning the herd and getting players playing the positions they have played their whole lives and stopping the square peg into round hole merry go round we?ve been on the last two years. 

We need the farm to produce arms that if not ready to be pulled up for stretches, at least get them attractive to other teams. 

I expect the Cubs to miss the playoffs next season.  Get things retooled this winter and next, and get right back in the following season.   Maybe win it all then.  But there are a lot of holes and moves that need to be made this winter to even set them up to win again in the near future. 

Theo has a ton of work to do to not let the needle start pointing down. 

Maddon needs to cool it a little on trying to be the smartest man in every room.  HAS to fire the hitting coach!!  Like today!!

And to close it all out.  They need to make sure Wade Davis comes back!
Illini Basketball / Re: October Recruiting Thread
« Last post by illiniman94 on Today at 02:08:37 PM »
As I have said, these two kids are fierce competitors who want to win and eventually get to the league. They know that together they have a the best shot of doing that.  This comes as no surprise

https://twitter.com/illscoopRyan/status/921403828444024832

I believe his "trusted source" is Derek Piper.
Nah, Piper and Werner have no more information than any other Illini beat guys. Evan talks to Ayo and all these recruits as well as one or two staff members. That pisses off Piper.   Personally I think Kedrick Prince, Roy Schmidt even though he is a grumpy an petty old fokker at times and Evan have the best information on the Illini.  I follow all of them as well as Werner and Piper.  I think all of them can be petty at times and get hung up on who is first.  Well Kedrick doesn't. I really like that guy as he has a great deal of integrity and looks out for these kids.  He isn't interested in being the first to break news.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10