Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bears / Re: Roquan Smith issue
« Last post by Big Phil on August 13, 2018, 10:34:26 PM »
smith is signed all good lol
Illini Basketball / Re: Summer Recruiting Thread
« Last post by Beast on August 13, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
I think it's UCONN too.  I read their board and they feel sorry for us because of Cockburns comment.  It was pretty back-handed.

Not counting on much with this recruitment. 
« Last post by ctibass on August 13, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »

Kofi Cockburn, the 6-foot-10 center from Oak Hill (VA) Academy, is planning to take visits to  Kentucky, UConn, Florida State, and Illinois 

“Kentucky and UConn are both blue blood schools that get the job done,” said Cockburn. “They’re known for winning championships and as places to get better.”

Cockburn also spoke about Florida State and Illinois.
“They support me and make sure that I’m good,” he said. “They check up on me a lot and put in a lot of effort. So I’m going to return the favor.”

Sounds like he's just throwing us a bone.  My guess (with no inside info) would be UCONN.
« Last post by UEACES80 on August 13, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »
Well said Hawk
« Last post by Hawk on August 13, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »
too bad we cant gather up all these honorable mentions and cash them in for a consolation price recruit
« Last post by Beast on August 13, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
Liddell announces Illini in his top five:  Illinois, Kansas State, Missouri, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Mr-Basketball-winner-EJ-Liddell-announces-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-in-his-top-five-120209607/

Illini Football / Ranking 2018's worst teams in college football
« Last post by Beast on August 13, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
3. ILLINOIS

Danny Sheridan: "The halcyon days of Illinois football, when coach Ron Zook was leading the team to victory over the likes of Ohio State, appear to be about as distant as a millennial at the dinner table. Illinois hasn’t had a winning record since 2011, exacerbated by the Lovie Smith error/era. The former Chicago Bears head coach has a combined 5-19 record over his first two seasons, with last season being even worse than 2016. After winning two non-conference games to start last season, the pacifist Illini surrendered their final 10 straight games, including zero wins in conference play."

2018 outlook: Will the Illini hold out and give Smith another season when 2018 goes in the tank? For his sake, Illinois needs to find a Big Ten victory somewhere on the schedule.
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Ranking-2018s-worst-teams-in-college-football-120584914/#120584914_3
« Last post by Hawk on August 13, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
We better snag some serious talent this year...and it's not looking good so far.
I felt like this staff had what it took to get some of the bigger fish landed, but maybe it's just not going to happen like we all want it to until we do a bit of winning?  I know we've all argued that point till we're blue in the face, but Kofi seems to say the blue-bloods 'get it done' and not just in winning I'm going to assume, but getting kids to the next level.  We sure haven't done that well for some time.

they get it done alright  $$$$
« Last post by chief321 on August 13, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »
We better snag some serious talent this year...and it's not looking good so far.
I felt like this staff had what it took to get some of the bigger fish landed, but maybe it's just not going to happen like we all want it to until we do a bit of winning?  I know we've all argued that point till we're blue in the face, but Kofi seems to say the blue-bloods 'get it done' and not just in winning I'm going to assume, but getting kids to the next level.  We sure haven't done that well for some time.

Football / Re: The inside story of a toxic culture at Maryland football
« Last post by Beast on August 13, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
Maryland says staffers placed on leave
Members of the University of Maryland athletic staff have been placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of a review of the death of football player Jordan McNair in June.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/10/maryland-says-staffers-placed-on-leave-after-player-death/37436551/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10