January 22, 2018 11:48 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Illini Basketball / Stats preview: Illini vs Indiana
« Last post by Original Joe on Today at 01:28:33 AM »
This game is eminently winnable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Indiana has been winning, and with that improving, but they are pretty much on par with us

They can't hit or defend the three.  They missed a FT that shoulda cost them their home game vs MD.

If Nichols plays half as well as he did against MSU - we win

<a> http://www.marchpool.com/statistics/ncaastatscompare/69?teamtwo=72&year=2018 <a/>

Illini Basketball / Re: Stats preview: Illini vs Michigan State
« Last post by Original Joe on Today at 01:19:28 AM »
I can take a loss like this to a superior team like Sparty.  Their front line is the best in D1 CBB - BY FAR!

************************************************************************************

Trent got into early foul trouble ... that did us in. 

Really enjoyed seeing Kipper man-up.  He seems at his best against MSU

Just keep competing and I will keep watching   :indian:
« Last post by illiniman94 on Today at 12:45:40 AM »
simply outmanned. they were playing over the top of us all night. we showed some fight, but still too many dumb fouls and mistakes. Kipper snapped back on offense. Still too many guys providing too little. much better energy and effort tonight though. two winnables coming up at home. go get 'em.
Yep.  Definitely out manned and we shot it terribly.  I liked the fight but gotta make shots and block out when you actually get a stop. This game points out just how badly we need a couple quality big men.   Spicey G has to put on 20 lbs to be legit in the B1G.  Mattic has to get stronger and work on footwork.  Leron isn't going to get any taller nor is Finke going to become more physical.....so we have to get some big guys and a wing who can fill it up.  Alstork and Jordan kill us offensively and it puts too much pressure on the Trent, Tejon, Mark , Monte, Finke  and Leron
« Last post by obmtl on Today at 12:35:34 AM »
simply outmanned. they were playing over the top of us all night. we showed some fight, but still too many dumb fouls and mistakes. Kipper snapped back on offense. Still too many guys providing too little. much better energy and effort tonight though. two winnables coming up at home. go get 'em.
« Last post by illiniman94 on Today at 12:08:36 AM »
Kipper is the only guy playing tonight.   We are dead if we don't get some big men.  This is men playing against boys.  Briidges and Jackson look like Shaq next to our guys.   There must have been 25 dunks or layups so far and we can't even get a rebound when we get a stop.  Trent not playing well tonight. Leron  playing poorly. Finke with a good first half then disappeared. Jordan passes up open shots. Alstrork is Alstork. ....just a horrible second half defensively. We can't stop them.
« Last post by ctibass on January 22, 2018, 11:23:37 PM »
Only watched about half of the half, but it looks like the ass kicking woke Kipper up, he's playing with good energy
Bulls / Re: Bulls win!
« Last post by joker2305 on January 22, 2018, 11:16:09 PM »
all indication are they are shopping Niko...I wonder if they can get a first rounder for him
i love niko and would prefer to keep him... but, if they?re intent on trading him and not portis, a first rounder (from any team) would be a great building block! could flip that, and ours, for say a top 3-5 pick, depending on how good our pick is. maybe land a big free agent and back to contention in no time! there i go, getting ahead of myself again😂
« Last post by illiniman94 on January 22, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »
Couple bad calls but we have to stop the back cut lob and hit shots.  This game is winnable if they hit shots and don't give up easy buckets at the rim....or go to zone and leave a 3 pt shooter wide open like the did to end the half..
Illini Basketball / Re: SLU dysfunction
« Last post by UEACES80 on January 22, 2018, 11:12:14 PM »
Wonder if that was part of the dream he had before committing to SLU.
« Last post by Big Phil on January 22, 2018, 08:18:12 PM »
its not optimism, I am just seeing how my lucky streak continues in the face of insurmountable odds haha
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10