Poll

What Chicago sports team has the best chance to win a title in its respective league in the next 2 years

Bears
1 (7.7%)
Bulls
8 (61.5%)
Cubs
3 (23.1%)
Sox
0 (0%)
Hawks
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Best chance to win Title in next 2 years?

• 19 replies

Offline BYS

Re: Best chance to win Title in next 2 years?
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 12:28:21 PM »
Anybody know what Free agent pitchers are available this year?

Mark Prior
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline Hawk

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
Mark Prior

Lol... ..... outside the organization?  :icon_biggrin:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline BYS

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »
2008 Free Agent All-Star Team (Some have already been signed to extentions)

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Carlos Guillen
2B - Jeff Kent
SS - Omar Vizquel
3B - Mike Lowell
LF - Adam Dunn
CF - Andruw Jones
RF - Ichiro Suzuki

SP - John Smoltz
SP - Carlos Zambrano
SP - Jake Westbrook
SP - Curt Schilling
SP - Jason Jennings

RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Scott Linebrink
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline Hawk

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
2008 Free Agent All-Star Team (Some have already been signed to extentions)

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Carlos Guillen
2B - Jeff Kent
SS - Omar Vizquel
3B - Mike Lowell
LF - Adam Dunn
CF - Andruw Jones
RF - Ichiro Suzuki

SP - John Smoltz
SP - Carlos Zambrano
SP - Jake Westbrook
SP - Curt Schilling
SP - Jason Jennings

RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Scott Linebrink

I'd take  Ichiro in a heartbeat...but hes signed I think, not too much else on there I would want... Nathan Sure, but the Twins are going to sign him.....  Dunn No thanks  Strike out king!! ...Jones No thanks,  Horrible year, seems to be regressing
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline BYS

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
Smoltz?

Offline Hawk

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »
Smoltz?

Maybe.... hes getting up there though....would be a good fit for a team that had all the peices but just needed one starter for one year.

Offline BYS

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »
I believe Tori Hunter is also a FA. Could he play a RF platoon with Jones and / or Pie?

Offline Hawk

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »
I believe Tori Hunter is also a FA. Could he play a RF platoon with Jones and / or Pie?

Yes he is!  Would love to see Hunter in a Cubs uni.  Put him in Center.

Offline OhioIllini#5

• Winning is a Habit
    • http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/all_time_wins/2004_all_time_wins.pdf
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »
BULLS.
Illinois Basketball- 12th all-time in win percentage

Online Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 07:05:57 PM »
Bulls.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!