June 28, 2017 03:50 PM

Author Topic: Any of you guys landscape architects/general contractors?  (Read 793 times)

Offline MrGuy

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed up to $20 to I-N Awarded for the 3rd closest prediction of wins during the Football season - 2011
    • Awards
Any of you guys landscape architects/general contractors?
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »
Hey Guys,

Long time no see. I've been around but haven't posted. I've got a problem that I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with.

I am trying to put in a 6ft privacy vinyl fence on my property. I asked the local fence installer but they wanted way too much so I am doing it myself. I have seen a lot of how to videos and it isn't that hard. However, I am having a hard time getting a good price on good materials. The fencing materials at the big box stores is not durable so I want to get the stuff the pros use. Unfortunately the wholesale distributors will only sell to contractors.

So I want to ask if any of you have an account at a specific company that could place an order for me. I am looking to order Illusions vinyl privacy fence from a company called Master Halco. They have warehouses at Olney and Chicago. I've called and asked if they could just let me place an order but they wont do it and they are the only people that carry the brand I want. So I need someone who has an existing account  to order materials for me. I am willing to pay a commission for the trouble. If you or somebody you know is willing to do this, pm me. I'm also open to ideas if you want to post them.

Thanks.

Online Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Any of you guys landscape architects/general contractors?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:35:59 PM »
I think Musson knows about this stuff
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »
Home Depot deals with Master Halco. 

Shop the Internet and get a price that you are willing to pay. 

Go to Home Depot and show them your price and have them special order it.  They can input any price they want for a special order, and just might be able to beat it, depending on how much job lot qty you need by sending it to their "bid room" at their commercial sales desk area. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline MrGuy

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed up to $20 to I-N Awarded for the 3rd closest prediction of wins during the Football season - 2011
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
Thanks Musson, that helps a lot. I will try that.