May 23, 2017 07:33 AM

Author Topic: Aaron Hernandez arrested released by Patriots  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Aaron Hernandez arrested released by Patriots
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »
No. It saved Ken Lay too. Federal Court.

TB can you explain why laws like this are kept in existence?  this just seems unreal to me. apparently this is a very old law in Mass. i dont know how old but some stories ive ready just say thats its really old

should be an easy fix, if you die by killing yourself why not make this null and void? people obviously know about these loop holes and are taking advantage of them
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

TB can you explain why laws like this are kept in existence?  this just seems unreal to me. apparently this is a very old law in Mass. i dont know how old but some stories ive ready just say thats its really old

should be an easy fix, if you die by killing yourself why not make this null and void? people obviously know about these loop holes and are taking advantage of them
And also explain the financial reasoning for him to have done what he did. If his estate was worthless, does this just allow his family to go after the "forfeited" contract money from the Pats?

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »

And also explain the financial reasoning for him to have done what he did. If his estate was worthless, does this just allow his family to go after the "forfeited" contract money from the Pats?

yeah I dont understand the whole contract nonsense AT ALL...if he's dead,guilty or not guilty, how are the patriots obligated to keep paying him??? the contract is with him, not his family right? if this is true then is any team obligated to keep paying a players contract even if they die?.. for example are  the Marlins obligated to keep paying Jose Fernandez's family the rest of his contract?

this all makes zero sense.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »

yeah I dont understand the whole contract nonsense AT ALL...if he's dead,guilty or not guilty, how are the patriots obligated to keep paying him??? the contract is with him, not his family right? if this is true then is any team obligated to keep paying a players contract even if they die?.. for example are  the Marlins obligated to keep paying Jose Fernandez's family the rest of his contract?

Ya, pretty fascinating stuff. I'm assuming the money the Marlins are paying Fernandez's family does not count towards the Luxury Tax cap as well?

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »

Ya, pretty fascinating stuff. I'm assuming the money the Marlins are paying Fernandez's family does not count towards the Luxury Tax cap as well?

are they obligated to pay it? im asking I dont know

Offline bwbp3

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »

Dunno about obligated but fairly certain that they are. They're planning statues and shit for him in Miami...

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »

Dunno about obligated but fairly certain that they are. They're planning statues and shit for him in Miami...

ok thats another nutso situation, maybe that wasnt the best example lol

wasnt it deemed he was high on cocaine and crashed the boat? so honor that with a statue..what a crazy ass world we live in today  :gulp:

Offline bwbp3

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
Haha I think that was a perfect example though.

And obviously they're memorializing his life, not how he died. From all accounts, he was the best teammate, dad, and all around person. Just had some poor judgement sometimes. Who doesn't.

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 04:25:55 PM »
Haha I think that was a perfect example though.

And obviously they're memorializing his life, not how he died. From all accounts, he was the best teammate, dad, and all around person. Just had some poor judgement sometimes. Who doesn't.

I see what you're saying, but that bad decision killed 2 other guys too

anyway, my guess is this is not a common practice, and either has to be written into the contract or the CBA of the league itself then

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League Runner-Up Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »
As far as the criminal action, the judgment is vacated because it wasn't a final judgment. He was on appeal. An argument could be made that the appeal should be heard and them accept that ruling as final judgment, but the defendant-appellant isn't there to help in his defense. As far as the money goes, I believe MLB pays out existing K's in cases like Fernandez', pursuant to it's CBA with the player's association. I don't know the NFLPA and owners understanding, but if his K was negated because of the charges, and the charges are gone, then possibly.the K is valid.