3 (27.3%)
Williams
4 (36.4%)
Frazier
0 (0%)
Lucas
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!  (Read 124 times)

Offline illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
Re: Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
Finke for COTG.  Ugly win > Ugly loss so I'll take it.  Turnovers are bad, but I expect a lot early in the season considering the pace BU wants them to play at.
and yes there were some really dumb turnovers but I give the team some slack this game for that because the opposing coach is Underwood's best friend and plays the same incredibly aggressive defense like we do.

All of that said, they do have to cut down the dumb turnovers.

Offline illiniproph

• Awards
Re: Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
I went with Lucas.  He is so much better than Frazier on the offensive side of the ball at this point in the season, though Trent added some spark with his defensive pressure.  Our offense stalls when Lucas isn't penetrating.  Williams is a good defender.  I really like what he brings to the table.  I think we did a bad job as a team exploiting the Peay pressure.  Double screen for Mark Smith and get him one on one and he will score 9/10.  We should have been able to clear out, screen, and throw the lob.  Our bigs don't do any screening on the inside to get a step so they can receive a crisp pass.  If Finke can get the ball at 12', he should do the Jack Sikma- turn and face the defender and shoot or take 1 dribble.